I wanted to share some tips to help keep us motivated this WINTER - We have had the shortest day now things are only looking up and it will be starting to get lighter and then summer will be here before we know it…
Staying motivated this winter requires a change to only one thing: your mindset.
Instead of avoiding the cold lets EMBRACE IT - they say that training in any conditions builds character - getting outside and getting some fresh air is always good for your mind and well as your body… I know I can definitely push myself more when its colder as im not battling the humidity or heat.
Focus on the benefits - I know it can be hard to get out of bed early in the mornings or you want to go home when its dark - thats why I always remind myself of the benefits that exercise brings you. If You want to manage your stress levels, have an abundance of energy and feel good about yourself rather than falling asleep at your desk, feeling overwhelmed and overweight.
TASK FOR THE WEEK
Get a piece of paper and write down all the ways exercise adds to the quality of your life. Stick it on the fridge, along with your photo, and read it regularly, particularly when you are feeling flat.
Its good to take before and after photos - we look at ourselves every day so you don’t realise how much you do change.
Make sure you have taken a photo so you will be able to compare. Best is in your bathers or undies - no one has to see it but yourself! seeing results is always MOTIVATING!!
I feel if we all get our heads around eating right and chosen the rights foods - you are going to benefit so much in your every day life - you will feel amazing, have more energy, things will seem clearer & weight loss will be an added bonus.
I want to make sure that you are eating enough - Food is our full and we need fuel to get on with our lives. If you aren’t eating enough your body will just store everything as it goes into starvation mode cause it doesnt know when you will be eating next.
My tips would be to
* Make sure you get in a good breakfast - this will set you up for the day
* Try to eat 6 small meals throughout the day- this will keep your metabolism going and you are less likely to reach for junk because you are starving
* Plan your meals ahead so you know what your eating and don’t get any takeaway etc cause you cant be bothered.
* Drink lots of Water - stay hydrated .If you are struggling in the colder weather why not try hot water with lemon.
* Have clean sweet treats - I have a very sweet tooth I always try to make sure I have something healthy made that is sweet for when that craving arrives.
REMEMBER YOU WANT TO BE FIT FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR ONE SEASON